Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wedding Number 3 with S.C.!

Wedding Number 3 with Shannon Christopher happened today!
It was another lovely Savannah day and even with rain we pulled through.
The wedding was at the Jepson Center a museum in downtown Savannah and the ceremony and reception was in the front of the museum with huge glass windows making the room one giant soft box!

Things I learned today!
I started getting down the differences between Shannon's lens. Which ones he pulls out for certain shots and also memorizing which ones are which. His 50mm prime lens is his prized possession and is considered like an 80mm on a non-full frame camera. I know that the camera sensor on a full frame and a non-full frame can vary the output with your lens. And I am still learning what the conversion for my Nikon is. I also discussed with Shannon the benefit of a 50mm. Cause on my camera it would act more like a 80mm which is considered the ideal portrait lens. I also learned some more about lighting and really killing items in your background. We took some images of the groom in a parking garage, but the images look like he was in a studio! No flash no bounce no nothing just a dark space and beautiful window light. Shannon follows the light, goes to the light, and works with as much natural light as possible and that's what I'm all for! With the wedding being in mid day I observed methods of creating softer shadows and ways to diffuse the harsh sun by being under trees or in the shade.
I also learned about ISO usage and how to use your shutter in correspondence with your lens length.
Slow shutter speeds are risky and can easily cause blur with weddings.

This is my 3rd wedding with Shannon and boy do I have a blast! I know this internship was meant for just the Spring and Summer but I'm ready to spend the rest of the year with Shannon! I pencil his weddings in my agenda and I plan my schedule around him. I couldn't ask for a better learning opportunity and hands on experience. I feel like I am learning things i should have already grasped but in a professional environment in the heat of the moment. Every wedding is a new learning experience and another opportunity to chat with him about what we both love to do!

The bride and groom portraits were the most fun as always. I just love seeing other people in love. Watching the groom place little kisses on his wife's shoulders and to capture her slight smile as she observes...OH! I die for these moments, it makes me so happy and warm inside to see something so beautiful and to see Shannon capture it and preserve the moment beautifully!

Can't wait for wedding #4!

No comments:

Post a Comment