Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SCAD Model Fitting

Last Friday I had my first modeling fitting in the Fashion Building.
When I got there I wasn't sure what to do but I had a list of the designers I belonged to and I noticed my picture in one of the designers books so I went to her first. I tried on two different looks before she decided which one would be for me. She was the most organized, and because of her organization i could easily understand how everything worked. She had six models all in her binder on separate sheets. Then she had her 6 designs paper clipped next to the page with the model sheet..
The designers have to make 6 different looks and at this fitting they were seeing which looks were best for the models they had. I later learned that periodically they have to finish 2 looks. That way by the Jury show all their pieces will be done and not rushed at last minute.
The email requested we bring heels and NOT wear thongs. Well now I know why... I went from taking off my clothes to putting them back on when I would travel over to the next designer. After my 2nd designer I just stayed in my underwear and bra lol. I was surrounded by half naked girls doing the same thing and a few male models that stayed in their little corner of the room. It was a good thing i had my list because I efficiently ran through asking people for who was who.
One of the fashion professors, a little old asian lady, overseeing the fittings brought orange juice and tried to get the models to have some. She was SURE that we were gonna faint or get sick lol.
i am NOT a starving model that's for sure lol.
I do though want to get back into shape for the sake of the fashion show, i wanna look my best and feel my best. Also over the summer I want to go back to pole fitness. And if I go back feeling the way I do now Michelle's classes are gonna kick my butt!
My favorite design so far is Zenobia's. She is from California and her designs are an androgynous style taking male formal wear looks and creating something sexy for women. Me...LOVING ties and bow ties and dress shirts this look was the most fun for me! I felt sexy in it and it fit wonderfully, i told her I'd buy it.
The smart thing is that the designers make their stuff out of the cheap muslin fabric first so they can make their changes and stuff with the models. Then when they r ready they start using the expensive fabrics.

I can't wait for the show and all my designs I'm wearing seem really cool! I hope they make it past the jury show and into the BIG  show!! That would be fantastic! I already told myself that if my designer's design makes it into the show I am going to get contacts (temporarily) because I don't want to walk the run way blind I wanna see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment