Thursday, April 19, 2012

Autobiography of My Hair

This is a photographic record of my interesting hairstyles I've done while being at  SCAD.
Being in a new place with no history here I felt it was a perfect opportunity to let loose and do anything I feel like. Whether its good or bad no one knows me enough to make assumptions of judge and in the end if I'm okay with walking in the public with it than who cares what you think!

As you will be able to see I like VOluME! My brother compares me to dinosaurs whenever I do my humps. But I've explored a variety of ways to do my humps in my hair. And of course I USED to straighten my hair so those images are here too. My favorite thing about straight hair was how it would blow in the wind and lay flat really showing off my length of hair.....but that was it.
I DON'T miss what it did to my hair ends, I DON'T miss running from water, I DON'T miss my hours of straighten being ruined by getting the mail in the South's humidity. And my greatest revelation is that I Don't get my Volume when my hair is straightened. I've heard someone say when your hair is like that its lifeless and has no body. And when its straightened my humps flop over and never stay put. I don't have to worry about any of those things when I embrace my kinks and coils and curls :)
Now that I think of it, I remember always saying when i was little I wanted my hair so that when I went in the pool and came out it would lay flat and not shrink lol. There is no way around it though, my hair is a sponge and it takes a minute to see the water come out the other end when washing it. I'm happy with the way my hair is and I'm glad I've come to terms with it.
Even Perry prefers my poof instead of flat straight hair!
Coincidentally I am unbraiding my hair as I type this, lol, and I keep examining my hair ends since I had such horrible split ends and it's hard to see any. Just cute little SPRINGY curls :)

Enjoy the images and feel free to share ideas on what I should do with it next!




























My knowledge and Revelations have been inspired by the wonderful NAPPY HUTT!
Check them out the next time you are in Savannah and learn how to save your kinky curls or how to get them back!

No comments:

Post a Comment