Thursday, April 5, 2012

GOOOD FRIDAY

So this post is a little rushed since I must go to bed right now!
But I had to share that I am fasting for Good Friday and I thought I should share that.

A regular Good Friday in my home would be full of fried fish and loads of bun and cheese (Jamaican traditional item to eat around Easter time). My mom would fast during the day and I wasn't allowed to watch TV or use the computer until 6pm unless it was a Crucifixion movie on.

Anyways I am supper busy today on Good Friday and I feel disrespectful to go through my day and just let Good Friday go by. So to show my appreciation for God and his son that he sent to die for all of our sins I am fasting today all day so that every time i get hungry I will reflect on why I am hunger and think about what occurred today. Often times when I have a busy day like I will tomorrow the day will go by and you'll totally forget what occurred in history. Good Friday should not be another day to let pass without giving HIM extra thanks (as I do every day).

I'm stressed and super busy!! But GOD will see me through and he will give me rest.


Happy Good Friday!!

THANK THE LORD :)

No comments:

Post a Comment