Wednesday, April 18, 2012

NEW Family Portrait!


Ever since I got my very first digital camera back in the summer of 2007 I always took a picture of what I got. This family portrait is just an addition to my photography equipment family!
An essential thing I learned from working with Shannon Christopher is that I can still have ultimate control of my light outside of the studio. I always felt that my lighting needed work when it wasn't being controlled and everything in this new family portrait is going to help me explore the use of my Nikon SB Flash OFF CAMERA!! lol. I know I know, finally right!
With some recent earnings I was able to purchase the following for under $140!!
I got:
1. Opteka Monopod that you see in the foreground on its side
(From left to right)
2. Mini Softbox for my Flash
3. 2 Nikon Wireless Transmitters
4. External Battery Pack
5. (In the back) Neewer Reflector with reversible covers.

Another major thing missing is an umbrella but I couldn't afford that just yet.
I'm excited to take these guys for a test run but unfortunately new things don't come with batteries :(
So this weekend i'll have to go get some more rechargeable batteries and fill these bad boys up!

I pushed to get them before the end of the month because I hope to use them in ATL at the Hair Show. Similar to how I worked with Shannon at the wedding reception, I will have my assistant (Perry of course), hold the flash in the appropriate position as I travel around the Atlanta Convention Center taking pictures of the event.
Right before the show I'm gonna get a tutorial with Shannon so I am looking forward to that. This internship with him has not only provided me a place to grow but a person to depend on with real world photography questions. With Shannon I don't fear asking a stupid question cause I know he's there to help me out :)

Now this picture!
You will later learn more about.
But this is my first 3D Design project.
Inspired by a Doll House I created a camera house.
A safe place for my photography family members.
They need a roof over their heads too! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment