Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Summer Plans!

At SCAD Career Fair Last quarter I volunteered!

                                
This is important because it was a flash forward to my summer plans. SCAD has hundreds of companies come in and set up a booth and they are there with information and best of all JOBS! Jobs seeking SCAD talent right away. As a volunteer I got to get in early before everyone else and I was assigned a booth to assist the company reps with their student interviews. I organizes times and set appointments. I was disappointed at first because I had a textile company but that company was 2 doors down from.... TIME INC!
Best believe I was on my best top notch behavior asking questions and introducing myself and assisting the rep set of her table indirectly lol. As she got ready we spoke and i flipped through the magazines she had on the table. I told her a little bit about myself and inquired about their internships. Unfortunately their internships are for juniors and seniors which is why I always said I would preserve my last summer for Time Magazine. I've wanted to work for Time Inc. for soo long but I won't really know if that job is for me until I experience it via an internship.

Now SUMMER PLANS for Summer of 2012 is as follows: I am going home to Florida to take some classes at Palm Beach State. I was suppose to take 3 classes but one was cut due to the budget cuts in Florida colleges :( I was so sad.  But that's ok that just means next  of 2013 I will be taking 3 classes and then I will be completely done with all my general education (non-art) classes. That actually puts me ahead quite a bit but I am afraid to dwell on it and keep talking about it or else it won't happen.
Also I finally found some roommates who are here for the long run. I am stoked to be in an apartment next year. I think being off campus will help me focus more and keep me better organized with school not to mention the space! I am very particular in that I need a place for everything to be nice and neat. One of the girls may bring her little dog which I don't mind as long as it doesn't go in the kitchen or sit on the coach. I actually would love if it didn't leave her room lol. But maybe that's not very nice lol.

Anywhoo! That's my Summer Summer Summer Time Plans for 2012.

Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment