Monday, June 25, 2012

WASH N' GO with Natural Hair!

So idk about you, but I love the way my hair looks after its washed shampooed. As a photographer in love with texture I used to photograph the water droplets being held hostage in my kinky hair strands. Gravity only helped the look by giving me wet juicy curls down the sides of my face.

At the NAPPY HUTT, Trell another awesome hair stylist who is the master of pin-ups, was helping me give a full analysis of all the Taliah Waajid Products. And she mentioned one of them could help me obtain a wash and go style. My said YEAH RIGHT, CHILD BOO! This hair, after its washed it may look nice but it is not ready for the public. BUT, when I blow dry it my pretty curls are gone and i'm left with just POOF!

So today, or this morning rather, I washed my hair in the kitchen so that I would purposely be in my mom's way. She can't just stand there and watch me struggle so she helped move the water around as I washed. It was funny as I applied the herbal cleanser she was like whats that medicine?! LOL. And she began to talk smack about how the stuff I'm using is not worth the money and its just a gimmick for black people to buy...yadayada whatever! Suave never personified my scalp like Total Body Shampoo and Enhancing Herbal Conditioner. When I use that combination in my hair my hair speaks to me and screams I'm BACK! lol I think its so reassuring to feel what your hair products are doing I mean talk about confirmation in the best way ever.

^-(BEFORE SHAMPOO)-^

Anyway here are all the proper steps on SHAMPOOinG your Natural Hair(or transition hair):


NAPPY HUTT HAIR CARE TIPS AND RULES

You do not wash hair! You shampoo hair. You wash clothes not hair.
How to wash Shampoo hair with Taaliah Waajid Products:

1.       Dampen hair and rinse out residue

2.       Saturate hair with herbal cleanser (green)

3.       Wash by using cushions of the fingers thoroughly through scalp. Start from crown to nape of neck.

4.       Rinse it out Luke warm never hot

5.       Apply the black earth shampoo  total body (purple one)

6.       Repeat steps 3 and  4

7.       Apply  enhancing herbal conditioner to the hair and massage through scalp for about 5 mins

8.       Shower cap over the hair

9.       Sit under the dry for deep conditioning for at least 30mins

10.   Rinse with cool water (cool water helps lock in conditioner to hair) FEEL YOUR PORES TALK!

11.   Ready for styling!

-By Jabril  and Shawntel Waajid

#8
#9


After #10


Now I gotta cook my chicken on the grill that's bee marinating all day yesterday and I got class at 12:30 so I don't have time to style my hair in a complex way. Its 9:23AM and I got about seven more minutes under this dryer to complete my deep conditioning. Therefore I am going to give this "wash N go" style a try!
My next product is The LOCK IT UP CREAM Tight Hold.
I use Tight Hold because my hair is very thick and coarse, if you have finer hair texture you may want to use the regular Lock It Up Cream which is much lighter.  Remember all of Taliah's products are moisture based/ water based products so you will never experience build up!
LOCK IT UP CREAM
-good for coils
-good for twists
-long term styles and sheen
-great for a wash and go but mix with healing oyl to make shiny -will not build up!



Pictures To Follow Below! And see another post on in-depth styles and product anaylsis!



 I just pinned one side back a little bit for an asymmetrical look.

No comments:

Post a Comment