Monday, June 4, 2012

An Aspiring Model, Dependent on Her Lover for Success

Spring Quarter the photo class I took was Color Technique with Professor Dietrich. Color Technique follows Black and White Technique and is a color film and digital photography course. We learned more about color and its processes to create the photographic image as well as how it helps communicate a message or mood within the images themselves. Just like last quarter in Photo Foundations 2 I found myself doing another documentary assignment. I sense a trend going on that I will probably continue if I am as serious as I think about documentary work.

Anywho! Since participating in the SCAD Fashion Show preliminary madness I met a friend. Jessica Millin. With a Caribbean background on both sides of her family like me we clicked instantly talking, joking, and learning more about each other. Especially our boy factors. We are both 19 and are in serious relationships, with her relationship being much older than mine I like to say that they are 3 years ahead of Perry and myself. Her fiance Kurt is a SCAD architecture major and him and Jessica are awesome together. I always said if you look like the person you are with its love and its probably meant to be. (Mind you, sometimes more than one person can resemble you). Well Kurt and Jessica look NOTHING ALIKE! lol. But if you spend a day with them you would call them twins. They are the first couple I have come across who are madly in love and look nothing alike, yet their mannerisms are identical. They even laugh the same, same moods, tonalities, and even thoughts (sometimes) lol. And just my luck she is professional model in hopes of pursuing a big time career all over the world.

I tell ya God will provide and answer your prayers, and you won't even realize it until its already happened lol. Seen in previous blog posts I have desired to get into modeling, be trained, and learn more about it, as well as in prayer for more female companions. I was so hyped on being trained by Ms. J, MISS J(essica) lol was there the whole time. She taught me how to walk the runway in Forsyth Park, she taught me about posing and what its like to be a model. SHE is the real deal. SHE is dedicated. She is not even in school. Modeling is her dream, aspirations, and love in life...next to Kurt ;) Blessing after blessing I ended up using her for my final project. Her story was so unique not to mention she is on the verge of her big break. I decided to make a photographic documentary book about her career as a model prior to her future million dollar gigs lol. But her story could not be told without telling her story of her and Kurt. Every dream has a pushing factor and every dreamer has someone who supports them or someone they want to prove themselves too. Kurt is her support, her caretaker, her lover, her best friend. And with his love and support she is stronger than ever and able to take on the difficulties she deals with and will run into. Knowing her so well now I knew a documentary on her would not be fake but natural and realistic. She's no actress in front of me she's my J and I am so grateful to her and Kurt for allowing this book to happen. I think in about 4 years I will make a part two and catch  up my few followers on her life now as a top model ;)

Enjoy the images!
















Leave Comments!!


No comments:

Post a Comment