Monday, June 4, 2012

Night Time Shooting w/ Alexis

So with all the weddings I've done with Shannon he has taught me something! Shoot more  than something!! He has altered my perception of light and my camera!
The only thing I don't like is that until I perfect what he has taught me the aperture and shutter speed and ISO combination will remain a guessing game until I get it together!
At last minute, my friend Alexis, who is also apart of my permanent collection model (see previous blog post), asked me to photograph her in her dress she made for her fashion class final. Excited as always this was extra special because I haven't shot her in a while and I love shooting her. Her poses and expressions are endless! And I really think she trusts me as photographer cause I always take care of her with awesome pictures!
Well besides all that I achieved a little goal I had set since learning Shannon's techniques!
I blacked out the background! Even though it was a night shoot, the building had lights on the walls and their was a street light too. But there were some portraits where I totally killed everything behind her! Below you can see what the background looked like and after making camera adjustments and minor minor minor light adjustments I darkened the background to black. Next mini goal is to do this but in Broad daylight....IT Can Be Done!



















I am so proud of this shoot and this experience! I hope that I get to shoot more fashion stuff. But looking back on it she was just so pretty and her make-up (done by Mosi McKie) and her hair (by DeMarcus Jones) everything went together so well the eye is pleased and intrigued overall not by the dress. Not that that is a bad thing, but for her assignment more detail shots of the dress would have been preferred. HERE are more images!! Enjoy!!
Light on the left

Light on the right

(below) light to the left on few stairs down.

 


 ^Half Lite/Right Corner Lite - Totally 100% inspired by SHANNON CHRISTOPHER! ^

I have some other images of another friend I shot at Night prior to this one. Comming soon,


No comments:

Post a Comment