Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Talent 72795

So I am a Talent with One Source Talent! Its great news and nervous news. OST is not a talent agency and don't claim to be. They are simply a service that provide industry benefits, support, exposure, and most importantly job opportunities! They did not bind me to a contract, and don't take any percentage from my earnings since they are not an agency. The only bad thing is that there was a start up fee that I'm not excited about but after googling them and reading all the nasty reviews, those reviews were backed by individuals who were very happy with their services. One testimonal got a paid gig with Pantene in her first month. A guy was in a featured film after less than a year with them. Parents were even vouching for them too. Everyone agreed the fee gave them cold feet but this company can't provide all of its services for free since they aren't taking profit from their talent.
Yes yes if you are that great it should all be free. But I'm not in this acting/modeling thing for a lifetime career. Its a hobby to me. It's fun, exciting, challenging, and a great side gig for money. And I am confident that with diligency I can quickly earn back that start up fee. I have actually already earned it back if I count my SCAD modeling check.
When I returned from the meeting where I signed and got accepted to the OST talents I was crying and scared that I was scammed. Fooled. But you know God doesn't make any mistakes and something good will come of this. Because my God doesn't want me to suffer but to learn, grow, and prosper. And therefore I am constantly checking my OST email and looking for castings that fit my criteria. Everything happened immediately with OST. After the fee was paid, photos were taken, and I was put on their website. That night I got a call and email saying there was a music video casting I qualified for with Ace Hood. I laughed OUT LOUD but it was nice to see how fast OST was finding jobs for me. The audition was suppose to be yesterday (wed) but it down poured and they never set a time for it... Oh well!

Since then I have applied to a hair show in Boca Raton that casting is on Friday. I am only looking at castings that pay me money lol, but it might be helpful to do a free gig in acting only because that is where I have no experience nor teaching. OST emailed me saying there were 4 castings that I qualified for. One of them is not paid with cash, but with a copy of the production. Its a theatre thing titled Geeks vs. Zombies... sounds kinda funny and cute so I am looking forward to it. If chosen it'll be over by August so thats alright I guess. While OST is working with me I am also still finding quick money modeling/casting things on craigslist but no luck there yet other than a screen testing I was invited to today but didn't go and might go to the nect one on sat.

These opportunities whether they are a no go or go are encouraging to me. I see them as God's way of chilling me out. He is letting me know that a plan is in place and I need to be patient and trust Him like I know I should.

The greatest benefit I think with OST is that since they are not an agency and a no-contract group I can always access them for work whenever I want to today, next month, or years from now. As long as I update my composite card with images of my recent look I'm all good!

BTW here is my current composite card with OST.

P.S. Today(thursday the 21st) is my first day of school at PBSC for Summer B! Stay tuned for an update on how my first day went!

No comments:

Post a Comment