Thursday, February 23, 2012

Vanity Salon & Growing My Nappy Roots

So prior to my vacation I had something extravagant done. And it was a surprise to my love so I didn't tell him and I stopped skyping him on Thurs. Feb 9th. Den on Feb. 10th I had my relay meeting and than my success advisor gave me a ride to Vanity Salon where I got my first blow out. At least I thought it was my first blow out. Sarita, my hair master, explained to me its just like getting my hair straightened but what she washed my hair with and the conditions she put it in were the magic that helped blow dry my hair and than she straightened it and CUT IT! Yes cut. I got a hair cut. My ends were split and I knew it was bad. My hair has been needing a cut forever and I was skeptical to let just anyone do it. But Sarita was referred to me by my success advisor and she also goes to my church. All my blessings just pour out of this church. Sarita has beautiful long natural hair and I needed help getting my hair happy and healthy in order to begin to grow again.

So I have lots of pictures of course of this transition :)
I got a before picture that I took after i pulled out my twists and than I took pictures of the after and how I learned to wrap my hair. I bought a purple satin cap and I bought a purple foam wrap thing too. And later I got a new heavy duty shower cap...(they didn't have purple so I got green lol).
This is the before image:

Since coming back my hair shrunk up due to the Florida heat and my sweat and it got dry from the cold weather in savannah and how I like to wear my hair out. Sarita suggested I buy Vitamin E oil or shea butter. I was very low on my Cantu Shea Butter so I went to the store and found Vitamin E oil it was actually the very last one in the store. I also got Olive oil to help seal my ends and keep them strong and I bought Grape Seed Oil to put in my hair after I wash it to replenish it's nutrients and natural oils. I used the Vitamin E oil 2 days ago and the Olive oil on my ends and my hair is still moist in the scalp down to my hair ends. I'm glad cause as much as I love my hair I don't have time to do nightly rituals beyond braiding and wrapping up my hair. So these oils once or twice a week will be great. In my eyes I'm on the road to hair growth!


Remember that I have been chemical free all my life and plan to continue that path of growing my nappy roots with no chemicals. I am actually the only person in my family to have natural hair from the beginning. Natural products only from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment