Thursday, February 23, 2012

Valentine's Day New Date


Feburary 15th was our Valentines Day this year and it was cool to do something different.
I got another instrumental from him and an accompaning rhyme. I got him this hilarious card that had a list of things I loved about my husband and than on the inside it said the thing I love the most is that you were smart enough to fall in love with me.
That's the best thing he has done :)

Along with that card I had one of his friends deliever him flowers on Valentines Day night.
I also wrote him something, which I haven''t done in a little minute.
So I'm going to close this post with those words.


You acknowledge the child in the streets

You find courage to rescue the meek

You have the power to rise up small seeds

To miles and miles of foliage

Beyond human capability

You continue to acknowledge the sunshine beneath the trees

The forgotten milk next to an old wedge of cheese

The inconsistent memory of loved ones suffering with disease

But you remember it all

The year, the season, the date and all the seconds in between

The moments lost and re-found between you and me

See, you acknowledge things that others can’t see

Due to their ignorance and egos that cloud what even the blind can see

The deaf can’t hear but communicate with people like me

And you acknowledge the sincerity in people like these

Especially me

Cause you see past the bullshit and past the unnecessary ellipses

Where others couldn’t fathom to think what I think

In plain day light your cool shades find me

Lost in my own eyes

Forbidden thoughts I barely recognize

Dead outside unlinked from transformed minds

I close my eyes and remember you acknowledge I’m alive.
-Stephanie Brown 2/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment