Friday, February 3, 2012

Casting overview...

So boy was I surprised to see soo many girls and guys! The fashion department did a great job and organized everyone in a nice order. we had measurements done. photo taken and number given than it was a waiting game for the two judges.


I was measured a proud 5'8 today lol even though I'm really 5'7.
And my measurements were pretty accurate. I wasn't even wearing a bra to make sure I was extra small in the chest and the lady got 34 1/4 from my size 33 chest -__- but whatever it was cool.
According to the lady's measurements today I was:
5 foot 8
B34 1/4
W27
H36

I was photographed and given the number 78! and I was fairly early compared to the crowd that came later. In the waiting room I learned about the judges....

When it was my turn I joined 3 other girls and we walked one by one in front of Miss. J Alexander!
As nervous as I was I was mostly excited! Miss J was there with another guy and together they judged us, I wish the guy introduced himself..and I wish I would of asked who he was even more.  Miss J is just like the Miss J on television. Hilarious and ready for business at all times.
The whole event was very professional and I that is very comforting but also nerve wrecking. After I walked once they asked if I could walk with out my glasses and I agreed.
I took them off and when it was my turn to walk again...I took a deep breath stood tall and WALKED but I'm not gonna lie I was sooooo BLIND. I walked and smiled with my eyes toward a brown blob and a white blob sitting at the table. Thank GOD I'm not THAT blind where I tripped over myself. But I tried my hardest to make it seem like my vision did not impair my ability to model because best believe I will get contacts if chosen JUST for the fashion show in particular!

The not so great....Miss J said there wasn't anything bad to say about me after they went down the line and shared some comments. After my last walk though Miss J asked how often I wore heels.... -__- it took me a moment and Miss J was like "once a month?" and I was like oh no at least once a week on sundays. Miss J replied, "at church?" and i said yes. Miss J said "Praise the Lord!" and I walked back to my starting position. I don't go out often, but when I do I wear heels and I am very comfortable in heels. Dancing, running, walking and I'm good. I just hope Miss J wasn't implying I was awkward in my heels :(

At any rate, my success adviser told me I gotta speak it into existence! lol. So I keep praying and telling myself I did great! If I get this I can be selected to not only participate in the show but be trained by a PROFESSIONAL! I can't afford no modeling classes to be trained or nothing. This opportunity would be experience and training like no other! It was a blessing to be in Miss J's presence just imagine if Miss J was my teacher!! OMG its a mind blowing thought!

Wish me luck...I don't know how long I have to wait for a response but I hope its soon!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment