Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Daniel Fast

Its been a long while since I've been on this blog but I feel this is a good time to come back even if its for a short period of time.
Today is Sunday, January 15th and tomorrow I am going to embark upon a fast.
Since coming to savannah I have church hopped and finally settled on a church to call home.
Living Hope Community Fellowship Church in Garden City has welcomed me and I came running. The church had just what I was looking for and more. I am a musical being and its important to me to connect to GOD and a church through the music ministry. The church has a lovely selection of music and a large college crowd. I think today they were saying they had 120 college students.
At any rate, the Pastor is the "so much more" Living Hope gave to me, better yet what GOD led me to.
Pastor Joyce Hall is the first female pastor I have ever had and what a blessing is she. Her lively hood, her voice, her jokes, her love for GOD and her church are so pure and true, my spirit hears her and loves her voice. I truly feel that your spirit talks to you if you are willing to hear it. It's a stronger voice from your heart is much stronger that her mind of course. Sometimes I wonder if its GOD...cause he knows I'll trust that voice perhaps he speaks through it...idk.
I'm looking for a change and this is no New Years Resolution this is something I have been inching toward one step at a time. GOD has blessed my life with graduation, with marriages in my family, with loved ones around me, with affording to get to the College of my dreams. I've always had a guilty conscience and I feel that to continue living my life the same without giving him more than a thank you is foolish! What I want to do is not pay back. Its not temporary its a new lifestyle that cannot happen over night. But I am passionate in what I do and I pray for many more blessings in my life, but who am I to ask for blessings for which my actions do not deserve.
I watch the lives of Godly men and women and I take mental notes trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. But that was my issue I was not being me I was attempting to be someone else. I have to find MY new lifestlye and MY way of worship and MY way of speaking to my Jesus. I have religious role models in my life but my sister is one in particular. From her college days she dedicated herself to the Lord and I envy her stories of her prayer and hearing Gods answer. She's an extrodinary mother and wife and a peacekeeper to die for. Yet she still enjoys her life, her music, her movies, and sports.
I read forums online that condem secular music and Earthly activities and television as a whole. I believe those things can penetrate your mind and influence you to do and think a certain way. But am I the only one who truly believes the my spirit has a guard up? My spirit is not harmed by the love songs I sing, by the hip-hop I groove to, by the movies I watch, and various other things that interests me. That which interests me makes up my personality, my creativity, my outlook on life. But the source and the final say is reflected off my morals and beliefs of my Saviour.

I am taking part of the Daniel Fast, hence the subject title. Daniel fast is based on a fast Daniel the prophet did for 21 days. As a first timer I am going to do 7 days of a partial fast.
7am to 7pm outside of that time I going to only eat things that grow directly from the earth. no processed foods, bread, nor sweetners. Pretty much fruit, water, and veggies.
Just thinking about it is making me sigh and pout and I stuffed myself today with all the things I love to eat of course lol. But even with my pouting I am actually excited.
I am challenging myself and that excites me. The outcome also excited me. My Pastor refers to "a party" that will happen in your spirit at the end of a fast. Its like God's reward for my dedication to remove my self and wants from my life in order to get closer to him. A life with the Lord excites me. I feel that her has so much in store for him and I know he has a Promise for me that is clouded by our lack of communication.
I'm hoping my "party" is his presence in my life. I want to HEAR Him so bad! His word is truly a weapon I want to learn to weild.

Anyway, the one thing I am missing is a goal. I read that in my prayer and meditation my body, mind, and spirit is tested and pushed to many limits and that in my prayer I should have a goal. But I don't really have one. But I don't want to use not having a goal as an excuse not to do this fast. I need to go through this and I know GOD will show me the way.

I got homework, books to read, and loads of gospel music and a case of water to get me through these days. And I am going to keep up with my progress and pains via blog each night.

Good Night. 5:30AM prayer in the morning :)

1 comment: