Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 1

I know I am a little late posting this but it has been in reserve in my mind.
Day 1 of my partial Daniel Fast was January 16th, 2012.

I woke up for the morning prayer conference and listened in to my pastor's voice. It was very comforting ot hear her and I prayed as she prayed than fell back asleep. I didn't wake up until 1pm and I wondered if I was tired or if I was triyng to sleep away the hours of the day. With that in mind I got up quickly. I knew I could not allow any fear to keep me from my days activities. After brushing my teeth and  changing my clothes I went to the dining hall to get some food. After filling my to-go plate with fruit I remembered I would need some veggies for dinner so I got another to-go plate for that separately as my after 7pm meal. Here is a picture of what I collected:
(yes i put broccoli in my cup...)

Anywho throught the day and the day before I did speak to some people about this. One of my roomates are English and she was amazed at the endevour of me fasting for 7 whole days. She said she did it only for a day. My other roomate is not religious at all, her parents never made GOD an important factor in her life or her brothers life. When she asked why I was fasting I was proud to tell her how this was an opportunity to get clloser to GOD and speak with him through prayer and my fasting would give me time to do so. My other friend spent the evening in my room doing homework and supported my fast though she said she could never do that. I told her how at rest my mind and body and spirit was and she compared it to meditation. One day I pray that her meditation turns to prayer and a relationship with the Lord. She really needs Him.

I prayed throughout the day and I was always thanking GOD. He woke me up with the feelinf to run and take on the day. I am a carnivor, a serious meat-eater and I thought I'd be crying and struggling but boy do i tell you the POWER IN PRAYER! I felt better than ever! If I felt a little hungry I had some grapes and the feeling was gone. In the morning I warmed up my bottled water in a mug to prevent gas from building in my stomach. My dinner was the broccoli and some corn and tomatoes that my dining hall was serving today. I also filled my cup with lentil and spinach soup. Dinner:
I could not believe how FULL i got from just the items on my plate. I saved the soup for later which I did eat before going to bed. Before eating it I went crazy on the internet looking up what lentils were making sure it was all vegetables and water. I smelt it and poked at the items. But I comforted myself knowing that lentils were grown from the Earth and that the soup had a Vegan label on it in my dining hall so it could not have a meat broth of any kind or else students could sew the school for false advertising hehe.

The devil I would say popped up in my life via TV commercials. I was defiantly attracted to the food commercials but it didn't phase me. GOD made me so strong yesterday, I really believe I can make it through this week and even longer. I am really proud of myself and I know that God is proud of me too.
My night ended speaking to my Bebe on the phone. I pray for him more than I pray for myself at times. I want GOD to come into our relationship more than he already is and I pray that perhaps I am suppose to be the driving force of change in eachothers lives. We are a blessing to eachother and I know GOD has a plan for us, I'm just praying to figure it out.

Now its 6:54AM and the morning prayer conference ended before I began typing this. But I can't share the details of the conference until tonight at the conclusion of Day 2.

May God Bless those who find these blog posts.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment