Monday, February 25, 2013

Nappaversary SHOW!

The Nappy Hutt celebrated their anniversary with Dinner and Designs at the Andaz Hotel in Downtown Savannah! We had such a fancy fun night! We had over 20 models of assorted ages and one male model. Taliah Waajid herself was in the audience along with her Atlanta hair crew of family and friends! I was proud and happy to be apart of the night, The Nappy Hutt deserves the attention, the credit, and the opportunity! I know this event is just the start to more and more showcases for all the years to come. Even as I grow out of Savannah and leave SCAD I will always represent my Rising Nappy Nation Family. They molded me into the natural guru I am today! Sharing what I learn, methods, styles, and tips and more to the readers of this blog any natural beauty I photograph! In the picture in the top left corner is ZAKIYAH!! aka AMINI she is my frequent stylist and did the rocking twist out doo on my head you see there. She is only 18yrs old! This girl is gonna go far in hair and anything else her heart may desire, she's a great person to be in the company of its always a pleasure to be in her chair (on a good day ;) Just Kidding AMINI! <3 

The following images are just more from the night! I was really feeling my hair there is just something about volume that suits me and Ms. Shawn loves my hair in a fresh twist out. My outfit is brought to you buy Charmine of Charming a la Mode! My earrings are my new best friends lol. Ms. Shawn said my earrings were too conservative for the outfit so I had to go shopping real quick but I'm glad I found these babies. As my brother said "Storm wants her earrings back" lol. That little booger of a brother. He was just jealous cause I looked fly.


BEFORE!!

So my hair was actually a THREE DAY process! Amini washed and combed out my hair and blow dried it to utilize my length to maximize the volume in the end product of my hair.

 














 
THEN she began in the front her vision there was clear and concise. Mohawks suit my face! so to braid the sides was an easy choice to make. In the center of the front of my head I had two-strand twists. Now for the back that was a process. Originally I was going to have tuck and folds but when that wasn't working out Amini tried alternatives. Ms. Shawn wanted color though especially for the sake of the show you gotta be bold and go all out! OF COURSE I was not going to dye my hair so they chose Burgandy for my hair. and I'm not gonna lie I was really feeling it. On DAY 2 of my hair Amini came up with the spiral awesome yin and yang feeling in the back of my head and she also incorporated more color. The color is so intentionally placed it seems almost painted in the right spots I love it. After that I had to just keep my hair safe till the day of the show (DAY 3) and had my twist out!

AFTER!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment