Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Phenom TWIST OUT

So I have so many pictures of my latest hair style that I thought it would be most appropriate to share the look and to describe how I was taught by Zakiyah (one of my hair stylist at the nappy hutt).

So here is the photo journey!!

side views of the hair do.  Zakiyah pinned up the back in the center of my head kinds creating a crown almost.  All my twists in the front followed and did the same.
 
 
The following photos are just me actually sporting the style. It awesome how it can transform from like a sexy conservative to a sexy sassy with the twist out. 
Now how does the twist out actually work?! Well the way I was taught is to take some product - I used Taliah Waajid Black Earth Product called "The Strengthener" Medicated. I take a little bit of product on my finger tips and run it from scalp to hair end and then I begin to rotate the twist in the opposite way it was formed, this causes the twist to unravel instead of being picked apart. be careful not to tear apart the previously twisted strands or else it'll get frizzy. Over time hair swells after a juicy twist out which gives your hair a fuller look.



 Now I had all these curlies bouncing every which direction and I pinned them in a way that gave it some order. In the very last image was the day I was going to get my next hair do and I let the curlies free with no pins. Oh yes and I'm wearing contacts :)

R.I.P. To those Hoop earrings that broke :(

No comments:

Post a Comment