Sunday, February 17, 2013

New Year New Nappy Hutt = 2014!!

December of 2012 saw me with a head full of Bantu Knots by a young girl who didn't last too long at The Nappy Hutt. BUT while she was there she gave me some funky bantu knots that I rocked all of December till the week before Christmas.



After the bantu knots I unraveled them. I proudly took my observations from Trell (the QUEEN on Pin-ups at the nappy hutt) and pinned my curly fries together in a very sexy (sorta androgynous look) that I rocked into the New Year! The front corners of my scalp right before my ears do wonders for me when pulled back. My face is angled and just damn awesome looking. lol.

Here are some ways I rocked my curly fries pinned up.













I rang in the new year with my Bebe/ Neo Perry on the downtown streets of Delray Beach, FL and watched fireworks from the roof top of a local garage :) and  a peak of the moon from the beach.







Since then I returned to Savannah with Perry and we spent the last few days of our winter break together before we parted ways and went back into our academic schedules :/

Last night I got my hair done at no other place but THE NAPPY HUTT and celebrated my anniversary with them lol. I've had my hair styled by all of the hairstyles starting with Trell and last night I cycled back to her :) I was blow dried a little bit in the process of getting some braids and damn near cried. Heat hadn't touched my hair in nearly a year but my thickness and tangley curls were cramping Trell's hand sooo she heat protected my hair and blow dried it some. I constantly touched it making sure it was still ok but my tresses and I made it our safely lol.


I also got a TRIM!! No more bad ends (again) and I'm hoping to keep up with it by doing the following:

-No more keeping hair styles in for 4+ weeks. Since my hair is so coiled and curly I have the advantage of not needing a wash as frequently because the oils from my scalp take longer to travel down my hair shaft. Unfortunately I have abused this advantage and pulling out months old braids and twist leave my head full of sad oily dirt balls in the roots and hair ends.

So new rule!!! No matter what I wash every 2 weeks. and I'll trim every 2-3 visits. I'm getting a lot more comfortable with the idea of trimming my hair. I went from anti scissors EVER to once in a while. but my hair depends on my hair ends to grow and this year I am DETERMINED for some super growth. So my hair ends come first!

Lots of people straighten their hair to see how long its gotten but after straightening my hair for so long back in the day I don't need to do that. I know based on my fro and portions of my hair whether my hair has gotten longer or not. Its grown a little but not as much as I know it can with better care.

But I'm in good hands at The Nappy Hutt, I just have to do my part and show up!

In even better new The Nappy Hutt will be expanding into a brand new and much much bigger Shop! more details to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment