Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Faces

Today someone accused me of having an attitude the past few days and it just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm had a hell of a week and quite a month in general.
I am a very optimistic, happy, silly, fun happy organized and passionate person.
Honesty is my policy that's the game I rather play, not lies, not hidden motives and tension. If you hear something or if I come off a certain way open your mouth and question me! Cause more than likely you are reading my body language wrong and falsely interpreting my tone or diction.

This was my Facebook status like 5mins ago:

You NEVER know what kind of day someone is having or what major circumstance they are facing in their lives. THINK about that before you assume and come at them the wrong way.
 
I learned this simple philosophy in high school by my Colonel Rodriguez to be exact. He taught me that as a leader its important to relate to your people/platoon/squad or whatever it may be. Someone could have had a death in the family, lost their pet, got dumped, pulled an all nighter, perhaps they are anxious for health reasons it could be anything! And if you come off wrong and start complaining that their attitude sucks or they aren't present cause they seem in a daze... how about you give them a hug? relate to them? ask are you ok?
I'm not gonna lie I've been in a fog and it keeps getting denser but I know God is going to change the weather in my life very soon. I am swamped right now. My club, my business, my clients, and oh yea my finals in all 3 studio classes! I'm doing the most yet I'm in a fog and staying optimistic. Keeping a smile on my face to keep the positive energy flowing and crying at night to drain the negative vibes from my spirit. Spring break is two weeks away and boy is my spirit looking forward to taking a break from it all.
 
So please please please PAUSE before you speak to someone. Don't come off wrong cause there is always more to the story. They could be on the verge of tears and your inconsiderate comment or speculation can be their last straw.

No comments:

Post a Comment