Saturday, June 28, 2014

Mom Sends Me Off!

Final Moments with Mommy 

My mommy dearest...lol
She drove me to the FLL airport after making me breakfast and twisting my hair the night before.

My mom is my mom and I'll leave it at that.
She loves me and I learned to recognize her way of sharing that love even though it took me a good decade!





Growing up especially since High School I did everything she told me not to do. Every career move and academic move I did with her disapproval and verbal support.
But in the end it all worked out. I technically disobeyed her and accomplished my dreams and I think she is pretty damn proud.

When I said I wanted to get a degree in Photography she thought it was a waste of money.
When I got into SCAD, she told me I couldn't go.
When I told her about France she thought I was crazy.
When I got accepted to go to SCAD Lacoste France she said I'm not paying for it.

Yet....

She was my number 1 fan at graduation
She told everyone I was Magna Cum Laude graduate going to France
For Christmas she bought me luggage
She helped me find plane tickets
She gave me something red to keep with me on my travels (on my nightstand in picture below)
And she was there when my luggage was over weight and I had to stuff a bunch of stuff in my purse and send a few items back.

She gave me such a hard time growing up showing no affection and being a hard ass all the time.
Nothing but tough Jamaican love. She looked at me like I was stone. But that was all a front.
Since being in France she calls me with excitement. She says She misses me like crazy.

Its quite precious.
And I'm humble enough to embrace it and just smile.
I can't change my mother but I believe that my life experiences and choices are showing her a new light on responsible rebellion hehe. But in all honesty, I couldn't be happier to have her happy and me happy.

Nothings better than a proud Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment