Saturday, April 20, 2013

Whats shaking bacon?!

So its been a week since SCAD's First Relay For Life. It was incredible. It is officially by greatest achievement at SCAD. To finally present that event to our campus and raise over $10,000 for The American Cancer Society is breathtaking news to me!

Since then I've been job hunting. Now that relay is done I gotta fill in time with making money and furthering my photography. I've been working with D&D Media Group which is a busy photo studio in Savannah. I have only worked 2 gigs so far and I'm enjoying it. I have yet to work a late night shift helping out with their nightlife club photos/events. I'm a little hesitant even though I need the money. I just got some info about a baby sitting job so I hope that falls through. I just want to be making a steady weekly or bi-weekly income. Got classes for the summer I gotta pay for and a savings account I need to stock up on if I plan on going to France next year.


Last week was DELTA Week at Armstrong Atlantic State University(AASU) and it was actually the delta week for Savannah State too but I didn't know. I photographed for  AASU and got to see my friend from church Jazmin who crossed last week stroll and have a good time with her new sisters! Its always beautiful to watch this kidna stuff.
Brett Baines was with me! He LOVES greek life and is an awesome stepper from his high school.
Next week is Alpha phi Alpha week at SSU so I plan on trying to catch some photos at their events. I say TRY because it's also The Savannah Spoken Word Festival and I plan on going to 3 of their events during the week. ALSO its SCAD's annual Silver and Ink activities as well! sheesh! Hopefully nothing collides!

This week is going to be full of events and things to do and study for and edit. I want to stay busy this week so that I don't catch myself sitting and reminiscing over things in the past and feelings that I'm trying to scrape off my chest.

Also I was nominated for an award from The Savannah Industry Night! And according to the polls I won!! So this Thursday I'll be accepting my award or hearing the announcement of the winners at Industry Night!
This weekend I would be in Atlanta but I didn't get the gig shooting for the World Natural Hair Health and Beauty Show. Its all good though God apparently needed me to stay in Savannah this weekend!


THIS WILL BE A GOOD WEEK!
THIS WILL BE A GOOD WEEK!
THIS WILL BE A GOOD WEEK!
Cause GOD IS ABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment