Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 1 of Prayer

So today was the start of my prayer meetings with my spiritual mommy over the phone.
Tues/Thurs/Fri we pray at 10am... or really she prays and I open my heart to receive.

I just really wanted to mention that it happened.
Listening to her Pray for me and over my life and concerns really helps me learn how to better my own prayer.

She took the first 4 mins just glorifying God. Thanking him for the warm blood running through our veins, for waking us up, for blessing our lives, and things like that. It's important to go to God in total admiration for his power and what he's done and will do in our lives.

Then she went into praying for my hurt, my burdens. Asking God to guide me on a straight and narrow path. Asking God to help me determine the emotions I feel from his voice to something else. She prayed for my strength and faith in that if its God's will then it will be done. She mentioned how God will deliver me all the desires of my heart if those desires are in his will. She prayed for him... She prayed God would deliver him and guide him and take a hold of his life and of mine. She prayed that God would instill in his heart to do what is right and for our happiness however God may will it.

Then she glorified God's name some more. thanking him for using her as a vessel to counsel me in this time. Thanked God for my willingness and desire to draw closer to him even in my trials.

Amen...


One day at a time she told me and I responded, yes m'mam... no skipping steps.
Then she said when you skip steps it makes you have to go back.
I recognize that and I declare to God I will let him do his work, i won't skip steps and i will take my days one at a time trusting in him.


Memoirs of Anie
Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment