Sunday, April 7, 2013

Swishh the Fish

Swishh the Male Beta Fish is my newborn baby.










I worked an event for a photographer here in Savannah and at the event they had beta fish in the centerpieces. After the event I saw 2 girls with one and I went to see if I could get a free fish too.
At first it was like woo lets get a fish cause its free! Then when the lady handed me a little jar I looked at him and we just made a connection. The moment I looked at him he felt so deep.

I sat down and looked at my little guy swish around in the water. He's a deep red male betta fish. I promise you he's a romantic with his deep color that draws me in. His fins are beautiful. His tailfin swishes vigorously and that's why I decided to call him Swishh but SWISHH with 2 h's cause I feel like he's so smooth his name rolls with an extra shhhh sound lol.

Silly I know but really this fish is my BFF (best fish forever). The more I looked at Swishh I felt responsible for him! I needed to go to the store get him food and prepare a new home for him. That night I stayed up and researched what he would need and even called my sister with questions since she has fish. I wasn't trying to have a pet or add another responsibility but in front of Swishh I feel like he keeps me company. I wish he could stay in my room but I don't have room for him so he stays in a vase in the Kitchen on the island.

Everything I bought was under $15 all together. I pray that he sticks around. So far he's not eating his little pellets. I looked it up and it says it'll take him a little while to get used to his new environment and new food. I hope he eats tomorrow. I don't want him to die. I don't want to loose him, you become a mother and you just instantly fall in love with your child its crazy.

I pray he sticks around for me... Swishh is a silent friend, ray of sunshine and support.
When I look at Swishh I can't help but smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment