Wednesday, March 27, 2013

LIBERATION!

Today was a regular day of school two classes back to back. I was running late this morning and had a quiz I was nervous about but I tell you Jesus works boy! My quiz was cancelled and my teacher didn't mark me absent!



When I was younger I wanted my ears pierced sooo bad! My mom was against it because my oldest sister had a bad experience when she had her ears pierced. I waited till my 18th birthday to pierce my ear lobes! It was a wonderful experience when it happened! That day was precious and I was surrounded by love.

After getting it pierced at Piercing Pagoda and loving my new ears everyday since I said when I was 21 that I would get my cartilage pierced. I actually wanted the industrial bar but after seeing it on lots of people at SCAD I changed my mind entirely just the single cartilage aka helix piercing would be just perfect.
Over Spring Break I was talking to someone about how I always wanted that pierced but I was waiting till I was 21. Then they said why are you waiting and I was like ummm IDK! I had no reason why I was waiting. With my mindset of always wanting to plan everything 21 sounded like a good time to do it!
Inspired to be spontaneous and go after what I wanted I was like man I'm gonna just do it if and when I can afford it. I googled what the procedure was like, researched and questioned about healing time, pain, costs, materials, I'm a researcher so I covered all my grounds! When telling my friend Ralph he coincidentally always wanted the same piercing as well! And he said whenever I went he'd join me. He's all about adventure so I defiantly choose him to come make it happen! He told me about a Christian based tattoo/piercing shop called "Resurrection Ink" and when I googled them they had great references and reviews AND they had a coupon for $5 off any piercing! I didn't want to spend my school money so I waited till I got paid from a side job and was able to pay for my piercing. After the coupon it was only $25 and that included the surgical steel stud.

After my class today I headed to South Savannah and met up with Ralph I was soooo nervous but so excited!! I really felt a sense of liberation that was about to happen. When I got my ear lobes pierced I had it recorded so of course I had to get this piercing recorded and I'll eventually put it on YouTube. Since I learned a lot from watching other people's videos I'd like to contribute. I am the biggest baby in the world with pain and hitting my toe on a door would hurt wayy more than my cartilage piercing! The guy that pierced it has a FB page but I'm not gonna post my picture on FB  but out of respect for his work I will post his link so anyone in Savannah interested can go to him.
Joe Buckler Pierced my Cartiledge!
This place is loves them some Jesus, they are professional, and oh so clean and sanitary!
http://www.resurrectionink.com/

I'm not gonna trip I left this shop feeling pretty bad ass. Its not a crazy nasty piercing but it's something I love, something I wanted and something that I felt permanently exemplifies my edge, my edge that not many people recognize. The little stud is so tiny no one has noticed on their own yet lol. It's doing well so far. No pain or nothing. Its just gonna be sore for a few months cause this part of the ear takes a long time to fully heal. I can't sleep on that side of my head and if anyone touches it or bumps it i'll probably blow a gasket lol jk but it will hurt tremendously lol. Otherwise I have to clean it twice a day by saturating it with a sea salt and distilled water mixture. They provided the sea salt for me and I went out n bought a gallon of distilled water. Distilled water is better than tap cause I don't want to risk any crazy minerals in the tap water that may react bad.




So whats next full body tattoo?! I thought about getting a little green pear with a purple and blue butterfly landing on top of it tattooed on like my side or maybe next to my hip bone on the front....
But NAWWWW! I'm done lol. But honestly I was giddy even after the fact cause I was proud of myself. Doing something for me feels great. Resisting my phone was hard I wanted to text and blast it but I did this for me so I'm keeping it to me. I don't consider my blog public since only a few people read it. and by time someone else reads it it'll be buried by other posts lol.
 
I still can't believe it happened!!!! I went to Resurrection Ink during the Passion week when Jesus is resurrected! MY God you are so awesome :) URGGHH I'm so happy. I hope you understand... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment