Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I'm gonna sit right here till you find me

So the other day I had a Facebook status that said: "I'm gonna sit right here till you find me."
This line summed up where my mind is at. I feel like I've reached a resting place in my life where I can be still and let God work. I'm in a place where I am ready and confident that I can be patient. I learned that last Sunday that people often mistake living for the Lord as an easy peaceful life with no problems. The reality is when you exalt God and live the life he wants you to lead, you become a moving TARGET for the devil. He wants you down and out and walking with God actually can bring more problems but that's where you get to stand up for your faith and really show the devil who is in charge. God is over my life and he blessed me with a very strong will. I put that in the name of the Lord and I am determined to block all the blows the devil tries to throw in my path. I am committed to my Lord and Savior, and even in my questioning and day by day experiences with people I meet I know that God knows and I'm going to be patient and listen to him. God has an amazing man crafted just for me and no matter how hard it is now it will get easier through prayer and persistence. I'm gonna sit right here till God is ready for love to find me, cause when I love...I love with all the power instilled in me.

When I know I know
I know my heart enough to say its infatuation
I know my heart enough to say its nothing
What separates me from you is that I know what I'm doing
God lent me the confidence because I seek his knowledge
I know when I made a mistake
And I know what not to repeat.

You left stains
On my skin
On my sheets
On my me
I let my guard down for you
In return I'm stained.

His blood washed me clean
Now I sit and wait and let love return to me
Return when its right
Return when its grown
Return when every circumstance is ready for the love I bring.

When I know I know
Cause I know me
There's something in between
But I won't question what I can't see

When its time for me to know, I'll know
When its time for me to react I'll be fast
But I know enough to know
That I'll never know
So I sit here and wait and let love return to me.

 
-Stephanie Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment