Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Jerk chicken and macaroni casserole

Being able to cook is such a blessing. I just wanted to share my dinner i made last night. I was very proud of it.
So i made jerk chicken which was spicy but not too spicy. I love jerk chicken but when its super hot, like all Jamaicans require it to be, my eyes water and its a painful delicious situation going on and my only refuge is a glass of milk.
Side note: did you know that if you eat something very spicy you need to have a base to kill the burning? That's why blue cheese and ranch are often served with hot wings. If you chug down a soda which is really acidic all you'll end up doing is making your mouth hotter. And water is a neutral so out won't do nothing but wet ether interior of your mouth. What you need is milk or a similar base.
Back to the food! So i jerk my chicken with the Grace Jamaican Jerk (mild) that comes in a glass jar. Some thyme, chopped green onion (scallion), little lemon, and an assortment of dry seasonings i have on hand like pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. So i put that together in a bowl n let it marinate.
 

While that's marinating i cooked "Kraft macaroni and cheese homestyle" this package of Mac and cheese comes with the pasta, a seasoning packet, cheese pouch of creamy cheese, and a pack of bread crumbs for a topping. So i simply cooked the Mac and cheese according To the instructions. Then i dished out the Mac and cheese into a foil baking pan which i coated on the bottom with olive oil. I then sprinkled the bread crumbs on too and some shredded Parmesan cheese. This was now ready to ready to go in the oven that was preheated at 425 degrees for just 10 to 15 mins.
During that time i cleaned my space satisfying the chicken stuff and washing everything else. When that was finished i took the posts out the oven and covered it.
Now it was time for the chicken. The NuWave oven my mom gave me cooks everything from the inside out perfectly. But i had to adjust ether cooking time for this chicken cause the where big chicken quarters.
There were about 18 mins per side.
As it finished i dished out my plate and had my dinner. I invited some canned French style green beans to complete my healthy dinner! And that was it!




No comments:

Post a Comment