Sunday, October 28, 2012

HELP! Tight Braids :(

So it is 7:20 am right now... And for someone who didn't go to bed till nearly 3am I NOT be awake!
This is the second night in a row I have not slept and I wasn't convinced till now but its because of my hair!!

I went through what my boyfriend humorously calls "Natural Hair Shock!" At the salon my stylist never gives me pain or discomfort. And when I left the salon my head didn't hurt and the braids were not tight. Plus I got a braid and 2 strand twist combo like the last time and those didn't hurt so i thought nothing of it.

But that night........   -_____- was rough! My bed is super comfortable yet I spent 7 hrs tossing and turning having a million dreams cause i kept waking up. And this morning I should say, I am having it even worse. So bad where I am up now instead of sleeping typing this blog post and researching remedies cause i rather not take an advil. I haven't had this much pressure on my head since having braces. I need a resolution quick so I can sleep! Later this morning I will actually be attending the Savannah Natural Hair Show which is at a hotel on Abercorn St. but as much as I love my new hair style. When I get there I'm gonna have them take this headache down if I don't resolve the pain!

Remedies I tried and also found online:

  • I tried using Taliah Waajid's Bodifier that stops itch and moisturizes but it really just cools the area doesn't take away the pain. The Bodifier: Medicated might do a better job but i don't have that one.
  • eHOW suggests: soaking the braids in the shower or asking your stylist to soak the braids
  • eHOW also suggests: re-doing select braids or taking a pain reliever until the braids loosen on their own.
*Braids that are too tight can hurt your hair*
  • About.com and other sites suggest the same remedies.
  • Moist Heat to help loosen the braid without destroying the hair style.
  • Or sleeping sitting up

I'm so sleepy but my head hurts too much to sleep. It hurts sitting up or laying down but its defiantly better when i'm sitting up. im going to try applying a hot rag to the area that has braids and hope for the best. and next time I'm gonna net get braids for a while. I've been wearing my hair loose so much this year and summer that braids and pins are quick discomforts. This severe discomfort has never happened to me before  but i'll avoid it by avoiding little cornrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment