Friday, March 9, 2012

REPLY: I nearly cried...

In reply to my last post:

     Prayers have been answered in ways unimagined! My multiple attempts to a modeling side-career has either failed or been transformed into me being the photographer. And ultimately that is what I am and who I choose to be. So when the opportunity comes knocking I gotta choose photography over modeling because my art comes first!

   Well I never give up an idea or dream when things don't work out because I just take it as a sign that this was not my time, but more opportunities will come later in my timeline. I like the way Pastor Joyce worded it one Sunday in church, she described that provisions are already made for you by GOD.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33
Constant devotion and faith in GOD has always kept my dreams alive and this verse in particular certified my thinking. GOD wants me to be happy and successful, he would never want any less, but he needs to come first. I gotta understand and never forget his power and all that he has done for me. So when I struggle financially and my dreams don't seem to be working right I gotta draw back and ask GOD to order my steps. Keep me in line and be patient.

So let me tell you what MY GOD did for me. Just within the past two weeks he has brought an abundance of opportunities to my feet. Internship, Job, event offers, opportunities to sell my art, and modeling! I made it. Remember when I tried out to be a model for SCAD and walked in front of Ms.J....well I did something right because I got an email saying congratulations!
I wanted to wait till I went to the meeting and learned more information and to be sure this was real before I blogged about it but it is so real! My name was signed on a line. Forms filled out and schedules in hand, not to mention this is a PAID opportunity! PRAISE HIS NAME!

Let me tell you...
I worked my butt off to get to SCAD and make it practically free for my parents to send me to this expensive private school. And even with the abundance of scholarships I knew they would only last so long. After my freshman year I will only have one scholarship left is helping out a lot (thank you Dare2BeGreat Foundation). And I will be saving money by moving off campus. But I will still have a lot to pay afterwards. My education at SCAD is an investment to the bountiful career I know I will have. But I gotta come up with this money so that my parents are always paying the minimum. I know they aren't crazy about me being out of state and pursuing a career in art. So the least I can do is help them out the best I can, by saving up and making money.
Also, I am one class away from being a member at Living Hope Community Fellowship and I want to commit by paying my tithes. I already give what I have but sometimes I have nothing but my prayers. I truly do want to give GOD a percentage of what he has given me but I gotta make something first. These paid opportunities presented to me not only ease my spirit but excite me to give back to GOD and show my appreciation for him as I do every day.

The more I learn the greater the feeling to serve MY GOD.


<3 Steph


BTW don't give up on your dreams. Just be patient, you can have anything your heart, mind, and spirit desires. When GOD is ready for you to have it, it shall be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment