Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Family Documentary: McGregor's


Ms. Marsha McGregor is my success advisor here at SCAD and coincidentally goes to the same church I go to, Living Hope Community Fellowship. Ms. Marsha is off the chain and I sensed that from the moment I met her at orientation in the Trustees Theatre.

She is a single mother with two kids and recently divorced. Sir Andre is the oldest at 8 years old and Sir Solomon is a preppy 3 year old. They live in a simple one-story with plenty of space for Andre to throw his brother around lol. Marsha and those boys are so grateful for each other.  Marsha is strong, independent and unrelenting with those boys of hers. Even in her routine and scolding she is always making the boys crack up left and right and making jokes with them. She cooks them whatever they desire, watches movies with them, and sends them off to bed. They each have their own room even though Solomon finds his way in someone else’s bed most the time.

Marsha is awesome at multi-tasking and I would believe it’s something she quickly adapted to having to take care of both boys on her own and remember to take care of herself. She is very well educated though, with impressive plans for her and her boys. Andre is a big help to her as well, assisting with Solomon. Andre is quite the performer as well and I pray that Marsha will soon be able to afford his participation in this dance group that I got the chance to see perform at The Muse thanks to Marsha. Andre couldn’t stay still watching everyone dance and sing he was doing his own rendition from the audience lol. He is defiantly talented though; I mean I’d buy his CDs and watch his Broadway plays lol. When GOD prevails he will one day be an extraordinary student at Garrison and at SCAD.

In my days with Marsha and her boys we shared some fun times. So much fun she texted me the day I left and said Solomon missed me lol. He’s so adorable! The night I spend with them we watched Puss and Boots and cracked up watching it! To save time with movie and dinner we ate in the living room but Solomon ended up just cuddling up behind Marsha under a blanket. By the end of the movie everyone was asleep in their respective places on the couch; I defiantly got some great shots! I put Solomon in the bedroom and Marsha woke up to send Andre to bed. As I prepared for bed myself, Marsha was working in the kitchen taking care of dishes and leftovers, getting ready for the next day. Her mornings begin with peace and quiet, that’s her alone time to meditate and converse with GOD. Afterwards she gets out the boys clothes for church and starts to iron. At the appropriate time she goes into their bedroom singing “Good Morning.” I was up by this time and enjoyed her voice. Andre awoke to it annoyed asking her to stop singing so loudly, but I know days and years to follow he’ll lie in bed waiting to hear his mother’s voice. The next day when I woke up in my dorm room to go to class, the first thing I thought of was Marsha singing Good Morning, lol. It’s funny but so sweet I think and such a pleasant way to start your day.

I plan to spend more time with her boys and one day babysit them when I have my car here in Savannah. I’d love to help out Ms. Marsha anyway I can. She is doing a mighty fine job on her own but can do a mighty fine job in an easier way with some help J I love this family. They were my first choice and destination because I knew them so well already and that weekend we just got closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment