Friday, March 9, 2012

THE NAPPY HUTT

On my to-do list I listed "nappy-hutt's new hair model"
But a few things have changed since then.

My awesome-sauce success advisor gave me some cards a while back of two salons that worked with natural hair. I needed some other salons to look at in case I couldn't afford Vanity Salon any longer. Well one was in Pooler, GA so that was a no. And the other was The Nappy Hutt and they were by the Oglethorpe Mall so that was great! I went to their website and noticed they were looking for hair models for a photo shoot and I have natural hair so I was a perfect candidate! Well I emailed and never heard back. So I called and got a call back! Husband and Wife own the shop and he called me back and we later met up. He told me to google his sister and after our meeting we did. Come to find out its Taliah Waajid! Whose products are told to be celebrities in themselves! lol.
Long story short, I went from being a model to planning the photo shoot and being the photographer! The Nappy Hutt works with natural hair and natural hair education, as to maintaining it, going natural, and growing those nappy roots! Now you all know I'm on the road to hair growth which is why my big hair cut was a big deal. By the end of 2012 I hope to see my hair Grow GROOW GROWWW!! So now that I'm kinda freelancing for The Nappy Hutt and helping then advertise I'm learning more about my natural hair and how to treat her the way she should be treated lol.

The Nappy Hutt uses one main brand only:  Taliah Waajid Natural Hair Products!

Last night I got my hair done for the shoot we are doing this weekend and it was the BEST HAIR WAShing OF MY Life! The Pre-shampoo strips my hair of the dirt and oils and such. The Next product shampoo returns the moisture and nutrients to my hair. My scalp was BREATHING! I mean the warm tingling sensation and the full five minute scalp massage after every application was wonderful! The air in the room was suddenly cold to me cause I felt it passing through my scalp as the shampoo was rinsed out. Then I got the condition that people on Youtube seem to rave about and it was very nice but I think I'd have to feel my hair to really understand what the hubbub is about. As he was pulling at my hair it felt very bouncy and soft so i guess that's it. I also sat under the dryer to let the condition set into my newly opened pores than it was rinsed out with cool water....how relaxing!

My hair style is depicted below :) I got a sexy/cute little mohawk with the braids on the sides and springy tight two-strand twists running down the center.





I am very satisfied and excited to go back again. Best believe after the shoot on Sunday I will have a sneak peak at the pictures from the shoot.

Do you have dreads, thinking about getting locs, considering going natural, or need help maintaining your nappy roots??!!
Get your hair done at THE NAPPY HUTT!

No comments:

Post a Comment