Tuesday, June 7, 2011

For those Who allow the rain on their Parades

I’ve always been a Hopeless Romantic.
An’ I’ve had my fair share of rainy days.
But I can stop the rain
I can pull the clouds away
An’ call for the sun to reign.
I mastered this power
Cause I am in control of me.
My smiles
My frowns
My giggles and whimpers
It’s a light switch only I can trigger
Though my heart may sing a different song
It never fails to believe that I can do it.
I can do it all!
From conducting an Orchestra in Carnegie Hall to praying in the Taj Mahal
For peace!
Or just to be sure the Lord is with me.
Cause I can be tested to mighty lengths
An’ those storm clouds will stampede their way in
An’ I will choose to be sad, and cry at my cold window sill
But never without knowing I have the power still.
Cause I am in control.
And I won’t prove nothin’ to nobody that I haven’t introduced to myself.
I will do it for me
An’ for others to see the power they have failed to unleash.
Everyone will have their rainy day.
But no one said it had to rain all day,
Everyday
You look up in that sky
An’ you clear those clouds away
An’ you open your heart to God and demand
“I refuse to live this way!”

#Rain Boots


No comments:

Post a Comment