Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Little Things


This afternoon I woke up from my nap being notified that a letter was in the office waiting for me. Only one person writes me here while I’ve been in Lacoste and that's Phillip. There is something special about writing and receiving mail. It’s the little things that remind me why I love the way I do.

With social media reigning supreme there is something archaic and romantic about receiving a letter and writing  one. More than a love letter its a general sign of affection. It says to me you are more than a phone call, then a video chat session, and you are worth the few moments to share hand  written thoughts with. From New York to the South of France, Phillips letters are well received and leave me smiling for the rest of the day.


Our relationship is different now. Lacoste changed us. Distance changed us. God shifted us. And all believe all the alterations are for the better. Since Paris I have been writing like crazy. Channeling thoughts and good vibes into poems and reflective art pieces. I'm happy. As simple as it seems but God has my spirit stoked and anxious for where my future leads. 
I have a new outlook on life, my relationship, and on what God is doing in both of our lives individually and as a unit together.  I have an understanding of love that only God can bring. God has revealed to me revelations that i only dreamed to see at this age. Twenty-one and approaching twenty-two God remembered my aspirations and he is anchoring me into position inch by inch. The anticipation is killing me!!! But I don't want anything that's not of His anointed time.

"When you find someone that you know you love,  just love that person and God will see you through the rest of the way." -Musiq Soulchild 



No comments:

Post a Comment