Monday, October 7, 2013

Appreciate the Reminders

Thank you for reminding me
Of all the reasons why it won't work.
I appreciate the distance
I appreciate the neglect
I even appreciate the Instagram post with the cigarette between your lips.

Ha! And I love the piercings and the tattoos you have yet to get
I love your confusion, aggression, and everthing you don't give.
I appreciate the lies and their apologizes that follow.
I appreciate your eyes and your hands that wondered.

You confused the hell out of me!
But that's okay cause I wondered
So curious of who I was and what I was thinking
Told myself no so many times but your words always left me thinking
Hmm... tasted you once and then I left you thinking.
What was shared was spiritual this realm couldn't take it.

You never wanted anything more than to make others happy
And with every feeling you left me
I can proudly say I don't regret a thing.
That's how grown the situation was
And that's how grown you left me feeling
Two individual spirits that clashed yet united.

At the end of the day and every day to follow,
I thank God you met someone
Someone your heart may follow.
God gave me that reminder and I thank yall for that too
If its His will she will be the dealbreaker,
Your woman forever

You are the only person that could read this and know I'm genuine
Because you are the only person thus far that can decrypt the language of my spirit.
Hmph! You my nigga though!
I'll always feel we are friends
But as long as our spirits communicate the way they do the distance will remain.

I can accept that.
I respect that
Cause I want success for you.
I can be happy with an occasional hey
I am settled with the feeling in my chest when Daley sings "a definite maybe.."
I'll ask you how you are
And you will reply well.
You'll ask me how I am,
And I'll reply I'm well as well...
You smile
I'll smile
And we'll be distant again.


Much Love Leon
I pray your Leona finds you well.



No comments:

Post a Comment