Monday, October 7, 2013

21 Years

This past Saturday I turned 21 years old!

All of my older friends gave me the sigh of relief and overwhelming "FINALLY!"

Do I feel older?

No.

Do I feel taller?

No.

Do I feel different?

Yes. But not because I turned 21.



I feel different because with any big occasion I feel a page has been turned. I've grown a lot this year. 2013 has been fighting me since January 1st! But since my birthday I learned lots of things about myself.
I learned that I deal with my mistakes very responsibly and spiritually.
I learned that I am a light weight and that's okay.
I learned that I will always be a flirt, its in my nature and I do it well.
I learned new ways to say No.
I gained greater confidence in what I'm doing with my life.
I learned my trust in God has grown tremendously.
I learned that I really honestly NO Longer hold the ability to hate anyone.
I learned that I love my sex appeal
I learned how pleased I am with myself.
I learned what I'm ready for.

I love who I am and who I have grown up to be.
The last of five and we are all adults. Drinking eligible and educated adults.
I want to continue living myself for the Lord and embracing his blessings.
I want to continue to help others and show nothing but love.

I have the ability to love because I love God and He loves me.
But even with that ability I have my own precautions and fears that God is still working in me everyday. I'm a lover. I love to love. But I can't go looking for what God has for me. I gotta sit tight. Every bone in my body will communicate to me when I have found the one. Or better yet when the one has found me. I'm not selling myself short. I'm not settling for less than I deserve.
The idea and feeling of love is too exciting to deny its strength and its power.


Next year is my year!!
I keep telling yall, 2014 God has some super transformational things coming my way. Just watch God work!

No comments:

Post a Comment