Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Little Yellow Bird

 A little yellow bird
Sweet as can be
Sang me awake
Sang me to sleep
Sang me a lullaby
Made my spirits high
I knew this bird was God's gift to me.

A little yellow bird
Tough little thing
I wish I could teach it what it taught me
It never stopped singing in that tree
A new song everyday
Until the rain...

I woke up to silence
I stayed up in tears
Yearning that song in my ear
Little yellow bird
Where could you be?
Have you abandoned me?
Perhaps God took you from me?
Oh, how sad I would be.

Little yellow bird
I remember your song
I'll try to sing it
Until you come along
I'll guide you through the rain
the wind
the storm

My Little yellow bird
You're the only one.
Rare
Special in every way
I'll ask God for patience
I'll ask Him to take away the pain
Everyday
Until my little yellow bird comes and sings to me again.

-Stephanie Brown

1/30/13

No comments:

Post a Comment