Sunday, July 8, 2012

Stephanie's Dry Rub Chicken



 

My oldest sister's husband, Andrew, makes the best jerk pork and grilled chicken and he mostly uses dry rubs that he puts together himself. And on all the food network shows the best grilled items are from a dry rub that's been marinating for hours! So I started looking up various dry rub mixtures and was constantly short an ingredient or two. So Simone, my sista, encouraged me to make my own and be sure to taste it before I apply it to my chicken. lol.

So that's what I did! Brown Sugar was my main ingredient since I love my chicken to have a sweet taste to it and then get cut off my a pinch of salt or some other flavor. Ironically I used no salt because the other ingredients had enough sodium in them.


After the preparing the rub I tasted it, smelt it and was satisfied. I cleaned the chicken with lime and little cooking wine. Then I seasoned up the meat.


I cooked the chicken WHOLE in the Nuwave oven and then I cut them AFTER they were done to seal in the natural juices. I brought some to my sister and her husband to taste and His opinion was like money to me since I see him like a meat master on the grill.

He sliced a piece, ate it....and said TASTY!!

I was stoked lol. Seems odd but you just don't understand this guy does some gourmet stuff on the grill!


No comments:

Post a Comment