Sunday, July 8, 2012

My Nifty Fifty: Nikon 50mm


The Unboxing of my NEW 50mm Lens!!

 The following are pictures of the unboxing step by step lol. Silly... I know but this moment was very precious for me. Welcome to the family 50!

 I have had my Nikon D5000 since I became a Senior in high school. It was an investment I was going to put my savings to, but my brother Solomon stepped in and invested in me. He invested in my dream and my life as a photographer and bought the camera for me. I knew in my heart he believed in what I was going to encounter and I made the money back by the end of the year with weddings and smaller gigs.
I love my Nikon for all that it has brought to me and taught me. I chose Nikon as my first DSLR because it had the best beginner user-interface to comfort my transition from my Canon powershot to the real deal. I was scared and I needed a DSLR that was going to help me through my fear and excitement. The D5000 did that for me and still is doing that for me. With everything I learned about cameras now I have no bias as to Nikon or Cannon. Photography is an investment and what you start with is more than likely what you will end up with. The kit lens was a mid range lens, 18 to 55mm. Fifty is my first prime(fixed) lens and is also my first additional lens since getting my DSLR. The choice of a 50mm was inspired by Shannon, the wedding photographer I intern for. I am in LOVE with this lens. I slowly took everything out the box taking pictures along the way and then finally put it on my camera. The first thing I did was look through the lens. The vantage point was awesome. It really is like seeing through your own eyes. I'm so close, and having to move my feet and not the zoom is great practice for me I think. Trains me to be mobile like I am with my film cameras. I shot a few things around my house and my room. It was sundown and the light coming in was very blue and dim. Shooting I had minimal changes to make and that wide open aperture is awesome! Its a f/1.8 I could only image a f/1.4 lol. Speaking of a 1.4 I couldn't find one its not on Nikon's website... Anyway, I'm loving everything about this 50! And as my high school photo teacher says, its the perfect lens for my type of shooting. And after 3 days of owning it I couldn't agree anymore!
 

 my new self portrait machine :)



One of my sexy permanent models before we went out for the night!





This is the link that I watched to help me decide and learn more about the Nikon 50mm

Expect to see alot more work now that I have my new lens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment