Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Morning After...


Last night I spent my time back in the Cheeky Fitness Studio for Pole Conditioning, the new Kangoo Jumps, and then Pole Dance.
Back to Back from 7PM to 9:30PM.


Conditioning was fun and tough. I always enjoy myself and we did a lot of arms and abs yesterday. We did alligator races and crunches. We tossed weights with a partner. We need crunches on the pole, pull ups. and  then we switched over to Kangoo Jumps. Guess I didn't quite eat enough cause the jumping on the Kangoo jumps got to me for a bit toward the end but I pulled through.

Sweating like pigs, conditioning class ended and I got to take a breather! Excited for pole reality soon hit me after we stretched and began working on the pole. I had to go back to basics in order to progress, so much time has gone by I even forgot my favorite spin :(
But I got my climbing technique down...even though I only got 1/2way up the pole. My hands feel sweaty but its all in my mind and I don't want to depend on grip. My arms are just not used to holding my weight up and thats what I gotta do.... My arms pull me up the pole and my knees crunching inward lock me into the new position up the pole. I've gotten up there once before so I know I can do it again. My goal for the summer was to be able to do a basic inversion but.... I think I'll save that for an end of the year goal so that I don't disappoint myself. Either way I'm going to fight to get there. Before I can do inversions (which is being upside down on the pole) I gotta master my climb and sitting. And I got my sitting down last night so I was very excited about that and BOY am I feeling it this morning!
Everytime I sit, walk I feel the skin at the top of my inner thighs aching, but it'll get better. Last time I did pole it hurt when I was finally sitting properly lol. And after that it never hurt anymore. My thighs just gotta toughen up to make it happen.
Another thing is my darn split! That is NON-existent! My sister used to give me hope since she was so tall and built legs and she could split but not I. That's something I put in the long term goal pile lol. One day.... I need to constantly stretch that everyday in order to see a difference. The closest I got to a split was in 9th grade when I took Ballet class and we did split stretches everyday. sigh.... Split we shall see, it'll be a While till we meet again!

As for the rest of my body my abs feel tight, which helps me not over eat. People see my body and think I'm super fit and skinny, but I'm just blessed that my metabolism is so fast and that it takes a lot for my tummy to look flabby. Trust me I've had something to pinch before and unfortunately it has been discovered before lol. But I'm coming back to SCAD ripped! And I'm going to the new pole studio in Savannah with experience! For now its the morning and after... and I'm feeling super sleepy as ever, got class in 3hrs, and a math test tomorrow -___- PRAYER!



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment