Sunday, May 12, 2013

SCAD Fashion Show: TAKE 2

 


So I haven't been updating you guys about the SCAD Fashion Show. So here is your update!! Photo to the left is from a fitting. I'm wearing a look but Natalya. Her collection is inspired by menswear.
This past weekend was the jury show. It was split in  2 days, Friday and Saturday.
 As a reminder, the jury show is like the Pre-Fashion Show. Senior designers that make it to the jury show get an judged to see who makes it into the FINAL fashion show on Saturday of next week the 18th. I'm really unsure whether or not I'll make it in the fashion show this year. Last year I was cut the day before the show even thought my designer made it in the show. I really hope I make it. I've made good impressions and I've had my contacts in every time. I've actually worn my contacts so much wearing my glasses feel a little strange sometimes.



Since I modeled last year I don't have rehearsal on Monday & Tuesday. I start rehearsal for the fashion show this Wednesday evening
with Ms. J Alexander from America's Next Top Model. During the jury show rehearsals, Ms. J said we all walked well and the little changes to be made are very minor. It's hard to judge our progress, idk if I'm doing really well or decent. Either way its a privilege to watch and work with Ms. J every time he walks I sense his character and personality down the runway and I want to show case my own character when I walk down the run way.
(Photo to the right is my look from Candice's collection, she wants to work with colors/dyes in the industry. her look it influenced by birds and color. that print in the center of my dress is her own design as well.)
If I make it into the show my family will be able to watch it stream online. But I won't make any promises or announcements until the day of the show! lol then I'll really know if I'm in or not!


Below are some photos from my last eye exam at Lenscrafters, Its been exactly a year since I went to Lenscrafters in Savannah last year and has to deal with learning to put in contacts lol just to get cut from the show. Now I'm a pro at getting them in my eyes even though sometimes those darn bubbles can be a booger in my eye! But anyway practice makes perfect.


After my eye exam I was scoping out frames cause I want new ones but my full discount is not available till Jan of next yr. I still took note though of my favorite frames. So this is ur sneak peak at what WILL be my new everyday look next year for 2014 :)


3rd Place Frames Below:


 2nd Place Frames: (Kinda a tie for 1st place)


 1st Place Frames!



No comments:

Post a Comment