Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bantu Knots with the Nappy Hutt

bantu plural of Ban·tu (Noun)
Noun
  1. A member of an extensive group of native peoples of central and southern Africa.
  2. The group of languages spoken by these peoples.
 
 
So I was going to research the history of bantu knots aka corkscrews aka Zulu knots aka Chinese bumps!
But I found a great blog post on blogger that gives a great detailed history on Bantu Knots and the orgin of the bantu! You can read up on the history here: http://goodhealthdiva.blogspot.com/2011/04/on-hair-bantu-knots-little-history.html?showComment=1368705640730#c7462440294606126265
 

2 days ago I had my hair done from The Nappy Hutt, this time Jazmin was my stylist and I came in wanting bantu knots! Looking at my natural hair pictures most can see I like transitional styles. Styles that last me a while and goes in stages.
For example, when I get bantu knots, I rock this style for about a week, then I unravel them and pin them in my cute/sexy curly androgynous look. Then over the next few days pulling on my little corkscrew spiral curls elongated them and they begin to fall which allows me to have  a curly fro or Mohawk, or anything else I decide to pin it into. From bantu knots lots and lots of hair styles are born!
 
FAQ when I have bantu knots:
 
  • How do you sleep in those? easy I moisturize my scalp, wrap my head and Lay down. When done properly bantu knots can be slept on with little to no irritation or change in sleep habits.
  • Did you cut your hair?! no no no I did not cut my hair, that's the more of condensed curl patterns and natural hair in general. you can go from a long hair do to a short hair do in a matte of minutes. I embrace it and I love it! I get the best of both worlds minus the scissors.
Enjoy the rest of the images. Bantu knots are an interesting style, most know it from the Matrix but   its bold and well respected especially by those who know about the beautiful noheat curl it will produce when unraveled.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment