Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Un Regalo de mí para ti.

In all my life (so far) I've only met two people so I would call a kindred spirit.
Kindred Spirit means of similar nature or character.
I learned this word years ago reading Anne of Green Gables. The protagonist of the novel had a dear friend whom she called a kindred spirit. They held a bond for years and were extremely close.
Synonyms for the word Kindred are blood, akin,  and allied.

I share this definition because I see Kindred Spirited Individuals as something apart from friendship. Though similar its on a different level, a spiritual level. We are all spiritual beings, it is not our flesh that makes us alive, but the breath of life God put in each of us.
My ladies, Kay and Dora are strong spirited women whom I've connected with on a number of levels. They showed me a true bond of  Godly womanhood beyond the superficial friendships you find between other females. When I speak to them I don't only hear their words but I feel their message. Kay and I easily fall into tears just embracing each other. And Dora always know how to direct prayer to stay in alignment with God's plan.

So how is this un regalo....


This is a gift because it is what you asked for. Indirectly and directly you really asked: "Will you let me see beneath your beautiful?" Me presento a usted. Permiso para ver debajo de mi hermosa. Permiso para saber más de lo que ya sabe. Le doy acceso a mi ver.

You don't push. You don't shove. You have yet to even experience my hug.... yet you stay, you're present and you care. Can't tell you how many times I figured you'd just disappear. I feel what you write. I sense every word you speak into me. As different as we are, our mindsets couldn't be any closer. It's creepy, but its comforting cause its effortlessly a genuine exchange of beliefs, opinions, and ideas...rejuvenating and nourishing our spirits alike daily.
Proverbs 4:23 says, Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
Guarding my heart is my duty. It's everyone's duty. God charges us with this task to not only protect us but help us recognize the value and importance of our heart. Not to be careless with our heart, but to cherish it and hold in the same importance as God holds each and everyone of us. I don't feel rushed and I don't feel fooled. That's what I want to feel and think, but the sense of positivity I feel over comes those bad things.
You are a lesson AND a blessing. You have taught me that I can share the affection I have in something healthy, motivational, and balanced, without risking the safety of my heart. My heart is not at risk because it is relaxed, it's encouraged, and comforted. You are a beautiful example of something God had been trying to communicate to me. I know what I deserve, and it's not asking for too much, because it's how God made me. God has made it extremely clear to me and my morals what is essential not only in a man but in anyone I associate myself with. I always said that I rather spend every night of my life alone  in the comforting hands of God before I lay with someone temporary, meaningless and untrue. And I mean what I say (but you know that).
 
   "You should be appreciated for who you are and what you give of yourself. If what you give isn't enough and you feel that you have to exhaust yourself and go against your integrity...[then] find someone whose needs and requirements are within your budget: Emotionally, Physical, Mentally, Spiritually."
 
I thank you for letting me be who I am. I thank you for an honest friendship with no boundaries and no finish line. Two adults simply enjoying God's blessings and spirits alike. Nothing but good vibes from here forward. May God bless each of individually and support us in all that is to come. The Good, Bad, and the Ugly, I'm down for the cause.
 
 Bienvenido, de Puerto Rico y Bienvenido a todas las pasiones y materias de mi corazón
 
 
Un Regalo de mí para ti. 
 
 
 
- A Nourished Spirit
 

No comments:

Post a Comment