Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Shhh! It's Okay to Forget

It's okay to forget
Not that you need my permission
I want you to know it's okay to forget.

Separate the memories from the emotions
Realize that you are never losing
Only winning or learning.

Smile and be grateful for what you had
Let it Motivate you to never settle
Allow it to inspire you
Remind you of your worth

It's really okay to forget
God gave me permission
Burn it
Keep it
Hide it fRom yourself

One day it will be a distant memory
Another item in the closet
Something to smile at and push aside because you have a wife and child
Or maybe you'll return to mamas house
And she'll remind you when you had all of these pictures from a girl way back when
You'll laugh and wonder where they are
When she tells you their gone
I bet it won't hurt anymore.

It's okay to forget
Because i have
I take it for what it was and smile
I was spoiled
I was grateful
A first love well devoted in time
But quite the lesson that changed you and I

Certain things will never be the same
But you'll forget and relearn them again
I'm learning to love
By loving HIM
And HE's taught me how to forget and how to forgive.

2013/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment