Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Support & Reflection

I rushed over to my friend's side today cause she needed some support and uplifting.
Dora and I are so much a like, she needed some support and I was there right away.

Proud to be able to be there for her, we laughed, we prayed, and then we soaked away our doubts, concerns, and troubles in the pool. Savannah was 96 degrees today. and left the pool warm, well into the night. We took an evening dip and eventually ended up swimming all over the place. Talking and making jokes uplifting each other and relating.









When we came in she began telling me stories of her first precious moments with her and her man Kenny who she believes to be her future husband. Hearing her stories were funny but made me drop a tear or two on multiple occasions.
I reflected myself and boy was it such a heartache. It was a clear example as to why I need to be single. Nothing was perfect but the love....smh. I don't know how anyone could enjoy the company of someone else without remembering precious moments that occurred.

Egyptian Hold Yuh brings me back to an isolated street where I danced beneath the street light.
Under the moonlight on the beach after prom junior year.
The Passion
The way you cared for me when I was sick at Sunfest
The way we researched EVERYTHING lol
Smooth car rides in the slider, I used to love to watch you drive.
Lord knows I can't forget the night of Keewee's birthday party right before you took me home, The way the moonlight from the window silhouetted your body right before you introduced yourself to new terrain.
Oh the sweet sweet passion
The way you lead on the dance floor like a proper dance partner
The first time we danced kompa at Military Ball and was showered by love from our peers.
Those darn park rangers...
The video we made trying to educate other couples
The caution we took with our feelings: Like, Appreciate, Pear anie, Love you.
Embraces were never simple
Hours and hours of conversation
Hours and hours of just listening to each other breathe
Creating moments and techniques to call or firsts and lasts or never agains...

I could write a book.
Sometimes I want to.
But the memories I hold onto won't be released in a book
They will only be shared by every reader
Every reader would read the story and never predict its downfall
Every reader would read about a love for big screen
something real full or disagreements and arguments
that made us individuals who had an opinion
Two individuals attempting to live life as one.
Never people pleasers
If I wrote a book our story would never Die
It would only be relived and influence the lives of EVEN more people.

I always complained about my feelings.
I always said God blessed me with a love so beautiful and genuine, but where do I put these feelings?
I put them in my heart
I put them in my art
I put them toward my faith
I put them toward my praise
I teach with that love
I lift up others with that love
I relate with that love
I learned from that love.
It taught me what I'm capable of deserving and that only taught me I will NEVER compromise.
Its not about me comparing, or making someone else live up to that love.
That love can't be duplicated
But it did tell me what I deserve, showed me that I can be loved to purely and genuinely
And I want nothing less in my life, from here on ward.

I knew this process would be long for me.....

Memoirs of Anie


No comments:

Post a Comment