Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Kiss to Forget

Proverbs 4:23 ABOVE ALL ELSE, Guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
 
 
I live my life by the following motto:
 

Do all the good you can, for all you can, when you can, for as long as you can.

The only exception to that rule is that IF the good you are doing for someone
 is HURTING you then you must STOP!
 
 
I want to get into this motto and the bible verse above it a little deeper. The bible verse is epic and also symbolic in my life especially presently. As for the motto, its tough, because I am finally putting my foot down and living up to the exception. I'm getting hurt from the good I'm doing for someone and I have to stop. I don't want to stop but its going to be in the best interest for both of us I think....I hope... I'm still praying on it, but I think it's best. I've made excuses for this individual because I care so much, but I need to put my feelings aside and let them do them, and be who they want to be without me.
 
I promise I'll be back with more readers! I'm exhausted and need some sleep it is 2:52AM!
This blog post is UNFINSIHED! I'm praying that in my dreams tonight God will send me something special to share in this blog post.
 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Finishing this blog post...

Since writing this blog God has provided me opportunities and moments to really assess how I'm feeling.

I'm a great person but I'm not perfect. I'm an awesome companion but I don't need to be put on a pedestal. At the end of the day my actions and beliefs revolve around my heart. I don't want to drift down memory lane about borders I've put up and torn down around my heart. I just want to focus on where I am now. Guarding my heart for it is the center of it ALL.

God communicates with me through my heart. Guarding your heart helps you stay connected with Christ because you are protecting it and filtering what you allow to come in and possibly disrupt or help the relationship you have with Christ. Providing access to your heart leaves you vulnerable, leaves you exposed, guards are down and your heart is on the platform exposed, naked, bare and at risk.
The way I like to think of it is God is my protector and healer. When I CHOOSE to let someone in a little at a time my heart is never fully exposed and left vulnerable because I like to believe I put God in front of my heart. So to get to me you have to get through my God and HE is never defeated by the enemy. Doing this has given me the ability to be social and not a locked box for no one to know or meet.

I titled this post "A Kiss to Forget" because when I began writing this post that's how I described the events that occurred. I don't know that it's particularly the best title, but nevertheless, I'm going to smile and move forward trusting God with everything that goes on. I'm done living in the moment. I lived my life for Christ and only want to do things that glorify Him or reflect  Him. Guarding my heart means I'm repelling negativity, fear, sadness, and all those other bad things God didn't put in me.

Goodbye and Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment