Monday, July 21, 2014

A Journey to Paris

Tomorrow I journey to Paris...

I've been in France for 3 weeks. 3 busy, spectacular, emotional, and engaging 3 weeks.
All my senses have been awakened and introduced or re-introduced to something new.
It's exciting.

This blogging of mine is getting tough because I have to keep up a separate blog for a grade in my travel class. I don't want to just copy and paste the same ole stuff cause the blog for class has a different agenda.

This one is far more personal, insightful, and spiritually driven.

For those who are interested I am on Tumblr for my class blog which is full of photo assignments and local French sitings.

stephaniebphotos-international.tumblr.com


So tomorrow I go to PARIS!
My two classes have an agenda of museums to visit.
My personal agenda has me dipping into the Parisian nightlife, poetry community, and thrift shopping realms.
The Moulin Rogue being my most sought after destination.
I want to see the Eiffel Tower at all hours of the day. I want to lay before it and let it tower over me. I want the Arc de Triumphe to belittle my American spirit then boost me up and broaden my eyes when I get on the top to take a panoramic of the city.

My outfits are thought out! And I will be sharing them each and everyday. Showcasing my Afrocentric vibes some days and embracing my athletic foot are the next.
Black is beautiful and I look beautiful in black!
I can't wait to walk the streets of Paris standing tall!

I have made a point to photograph anyone who looks to be black. They are rare in the small villages but more prominent in the bigger town. I've seen the most in Avignon and in Arles. But most importantly I've witness a lot of interracial couples that make my heart sing. I feel like it's more common in Europe and something to embrace. But I'll save that rant for the next post...

Nap time is upon me and has me reflecting.
Once upon a time I said I'd love to go to Paris.
And finally the moment has soon arrived.
Paris is more real than ever
Night will fall
I'll close my eyes
And On the train I'll be journeying to Paris at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment